Monday, May 3, 2010

D.T.A.: Don't Trust Anybody

Wrote this in College, and I am feeling this one, because it was Me, during my Infant Poetic Stages and the way I viewed the World at the time.


Sometimes being nice can get people screwed.
Where others are heartless, careless, and crude.
Where you try to be as warm as the sun,
Maniputaling minds is referred to as "fun."
If you see someone "nice" coming your way,
Just remember three letters: D.T.A.

People are a challenge to figure out.
Where manipulating minds is what they are about.
Forgetting others problems are a big joke.
There are sometimes I wish they would croak.
If you see someone "caring" coming your way,
Just remember three letters: D.T.A.

Material possessions have a significant meaning.
Holding on to it for life like an animal's weaning.
I thank God for not giving me the power to lash out,
With violence, vengance, and no ability to shout.
If you see someone "familiar" coming your way,
Just remember three letters: D.T.A.

~© 1997 Andrew Boyd~

No comments: