Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hiatus: Chapter 6

1. How are you feeling today?

Love
Noun: a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.

2. What did you do today?

Seeing how today Is Mother's Day, I devoted My Day to my Mom. Got her flowers from Calvin and I as We made certain that all of her Needs were met with the Greatest of Care.

3. What are your Thoughts and Emotions today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAh0Tn0B8Gk
Boyz II Men's A Song For Mama, Live in Concert


Happy Mother's Day to all the Wonderful and Beautiful Mothers as well as Great Mothers-To-Be!!

I cannot help but reflect on how my Mom raised me to be the Man that I am today:

Respectful of Ladies
Compassionate
Loving
Strong-Willed
Strong-Minded
Determined
Driven
Motivated
And So Much More.

And it is these Qualities that make me Reflect on my Character as a Whole; A Man that will One Day be Cherished by a Young Lady that will look upon my Being and my Heart and Know with all of their Heart that they are with someone of Class and Substance.

My Mom has always been and always will be the Most patient with me, even when her patience with me wore thin. As we continue to Embark on my Medical Trials and Life Path, she is behind me all the way, as a Phenomenal Mother could and would. And with every passing day, I am Thankful for her being there for not only myself, but for my brother and the Family. Mom is the kind of Lady that can get things done, and doesn't waste time getting it done. And I Love her TREMENDOUSLY for her Heart!

You know, it certainly takes a Special Woman to raise Great People such as the few that I have met face to face (As well as soon-to-be meeting face to face). After my chance meetings of Beautiful and even Complex and Perplexing Minds in my Travels and Adventures (And I mean that in the most Sincere, Genuine and Loving Way), I can only bow down to the Greatness that is A Mother's Love.

I'll close out with this Mother's Day Gem of a Poem, as written by Helen Steiner-Rice.

A Mother's Love

A Mother's love is something
that no on can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away . . .
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking . . .
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems . . .
It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . . .
A many splendoured miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. For everything that you Have Been and Always Will Be to Myself and Calvin, We Will ALWAYS Love You Deeply and Unconditionally.

No comments: