Friday, April 30, 2010

Retro Blog from Yahoo! 360: Why I Feel Reborn... (Originally Written 2 Years, 7 Months Ago)



*Felt The Need To Revisit This One. I Felt Really Good Writing This One, And Wanted To Share This, MAYBE In Hopes Of Helping Others Discover The Phoenix Within Them.*


Courtesy of Wikipedia.com:

"Said to live for 500 or 1461 years (depending on the source), the Phoenix is a bird with beautiful gold and red plumage . At the end of its life-cycle the phoenix builds itself a nest of cinnamon twigs that it then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix arises. The new phoenix is destined to live, usually, as long as the old one."


My eyes have been opened completely by a young lady Monday Night (aside from all the family, friends, and associates I've spoken to over the past months). I spoke with the 24-year-old daughter of a dialysis patient who frequents the Dialysis Center I attend about my "Heart" issue. She's engaged, and has 3 beautiful children. When I talked to her about my "Heart" issue, she put so many things into perspective for me, that I released all my anger that night, and felt Reborn the next morning. The Blast line, "It's not that I'm losing her. Truth be told, she is losing me," came from her. I didn't understand what she meant by it at first, but after thinking about it, WOW!!

That line went hand in hand with my earlier blog, "A Female Friend Of Mine Said To Me..." (Highlighted Blog [On Yahoo! 360]). My female friend said, "Drew, you're a great catch. Quite possibly the greatest catch out there." That line entered my mind later that night when the young lady said her line earlier that night. Simply put, I cannot go moping around about trying to get back with my ex. If it happens, it happens. If not, then no water off my back. I should live my life and experience a new love.

The release of the anger and bitterness I held was a major weight that was lifted off my shoulders. My mind is clear and I feel Reborn, erego the Phoenix reference. Granted, I won't live as long as the almighty Phoenix (LOL!!), but I will live my life to the fullest.

No comments: