Thursday, November 11, 2010

Laughing My Ass Off At The LMAO Show Premiere





*Out of All of the Promos, this one gets me every single time because of its Controversy (HINT HINT). Raul is Bishop Eddie Long:*






On November 10, 2010, I had the pleasure of being in attendance of and for "THE LMAO SHOW" Premiere at the Millcreek Tavern on the second floor at 42ND and Chester Avenue in Philadelphia, PA. It was cold outside that night, and despite my GPS acting like an derelict degenerate (Thanks, Sprint Navigation! :-/ ), I was relieved and extremely happy when I got inside the bar to warm up.

I was one of the first to arrive, and was greeted warmly by the Cast that has put their Hearts and Souls into this night that they have been promoting for 9 months. My old friend Raul Johnstone and I discussed how nervous and deeply vested that his friends, family and supporters were and are in the success of their show (Even if there were comical Threats of Divorce from their respective spouses). I was soon introduced to Kenyatta Carter, the man that played the Honorable Elijah Muhammad in the "Malcolm X" Promo, who is also the other half of the Brain Child that they brought to Life. I shook his hand as he thanked me for coming out and he passed a DVD to me after I paid my entrance fee.







*Here is the Promo of Kenyatta playing the Honorable Elijah Muhammad*







As I received the DVD, I was grinning like a little boy with his favorite candy; I can have laughs whenever I wanted and it was in my possession!! As time went on, I saw a few classmates from H.S. that wished me well with my Health and Life Goals. I thanked them and wished nothing but the same for them as well. They played the Special Features of the DVD which contained 5 of their Promotional Skits that are featured on The LMAO Show page on FaceBook. They had a bartender as well as wings, chicken tenders along with macaroni salad for their buffet. I'm pretty picky with macaroni salad (WHO ISN'T?), yet it was pretty alright. I swore I smelled fish, but it was the chicken I was smelling. *Insert Sad Face*

It's alright; I'm having Fish tonight! HA!!!!

Around 10:30PM, there was a pretty good turnout when Raul introduced himself and his cast mates along with other crew members, and the show was shown on 3 Flat Screen Televisions in the upstairs bar.

While watching the show, and sitting next to a group of young ladies, I was grinning because the Show's vision came to Life on those television screens. The crew, in their very first DVD, did a pretty good job! With occasional glances at the camera, and moments of covering up their laughter from their own Comedy, their show was funny and good for their first time out. As the show went on, I was laughing hard and I heard a good amount of laughter from the crowd as all 8 skits played out. On occasion, one young lady would tap me and ask what they said and what they meant by something that was said. I explained the joke(s), and she was satisfied with my response and kept watching. Despite the Sound System being a bit loud, we were able to hear the show as the laughs kept coming with every sick joke that they threw at us. My face was hurting while I was watching and I LOVED IT!!! And those that REALLY know me, knows that it takes a special kind of Humor to make my face hurt like that.

After the show was over, Raul and his crew were greeted with handshakes, hugs and smiles for their very hard work. I shook hands with the crew and spoke with both Kenyatta and Raul, where they both agreed that the show is a work in progress and will only get better in the months and years to come. I was even asked how I honestly felt about the show and what could they do to make it better. I told them that I enjoyed it, and they potentially found the formula for making people laugh.


I truly believe that as time goes forward with the LMAO Show and the men and women that worked so hard on it, the Work in Progress will become a Work of Art.



~© 2010 Andrew Boyd~

No comments: