Friday, October 22, 2010

Against All Odds...

Let me pitch an Alternate Reality that has been bouncing around in my head, despite how it sounds:


If it weren't for one person being color blind, one party would have been Married to someone else. The other party might have married another, or stayed single. One party would have been called by another familiar name. A party would not have been born, while one would have been an only child (POSSIBLY).


Thankfully, with the way that Life works, this is not the case.


I have witnessed a lot of things in my 32 years on this Blue Marble; Good, Bad and Otherwise. But, especially in this Day and Age, I am a witness to what is happening at this time:


Everlasting, True and Unconditional Love.


My parents are celebrating their 27th Wedding Anniversary on this date, October 22 (36, if we count the 9 years that they got to know one another), and I cannot help but feel Reflective of their Success. They are still so very much In Love since the day that they declared their Love for each other, for I am witnessing it every day.


They had their Good Days, and they had their Bad Days: For Better, and for Worse.

They were sick separately, as well as together: In Sickness, and in Health.

They both worked at the same time AND worked side by side. At times, one worked and the other supported: For Richer, and for Poorer


As with many Marriages and Relationships, not all days are Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows. They debate, discuss, and argue like anyone and everyone else. Yet at the end of the day (Several at times), they Reconcile, Resolve and Resolute and are able to keep going forward: Together.

I sit in Awe and Amazement of their Love and Devotion to one another. They took their time getting to know one another, and when they knew that they were ready for the next level, they took a Leap of Faith...

And they Flew. For 27 Years.

I LOVE how they showed myself and my brother what True and Real Love looks like. Despite everything they have gone through, Against All Odds, they are still together.

All I can hope for myself and the one I am with is simply: That my Bride and I have something that is Special in its own right, with a Love that is Everlasting, True and Unconditional.


Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!! Calvin and I Love You very much, and we Stand and Applaud to your Beauty!





~© 2010 Andrew Boyd~

4 comments:

VySYN said...

This is a great tribute! Happy Anniversary to the parents that with the Lord's help molded you and your brother into the men that you've become! :-)

ABoyd378 said...

*HUGS*

Thank you, Chante!

Caprice Starbrite said...

This is beautiful Drew!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE PARENTS!!

ABoyd378 said...

*HUGS*

Thank You, Whimsy!